Sunday, November 4, 2012

Back When

I remember Pokemon, how the number of Cards you had was like a social status,
I remember putting water balloons on the trampoline and jumping around as if the balloons were little blood thirsty minions hungry for a little taste of Brick,
I remember my hair being covered in Sprite and how I thought it would never come out,
the first time I saw someone smoking and thinking they were evil,
I remember seeing my first bad grade and being scared to show my parents,
being afraid of going to get the mail because I lost sight of my house,
my baby brother being born,
getting my first ticket and being afraid to go home,
I remember not being able to think straight when I found out my 3rd grade crush liked me back,
I remember getting a dog and thinking she would live forever,
crashing my dad's rented 4 wheeler into a tree and being scared to show him,
my first swear word and how the entire playground snitched on me,
I remember the new year 2000, and wondering what the big deal was,
the huge hill in front of my house that as far as i knew was the biggest hill on the planet,
winning the state football championship,
I remember rubbing my ring in my friends face's,
the first time I cliff jumped and feeling like I was falling forever,
I remember watching my dad get deployed and wondering if he would come home.
I remember more than I thought.

5 comments:

  1. I remember the new year 2000, and wondering what the big deal was,

    stolen
    esther.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I remember getting a dog and thinking she would live forever" I've been there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This read well. <--- That sounds weird.

    But it was easy to read. I liked the line about Sprite and the one about swearing and the one about feeling like you were falling forever and definitely the one about the dog and how you thought she would live forever.

    ReplyDelete