Monday, October 8, 2012

Thoughts from a Distance


I’m thinking about you like Peanut Butter thinks about Jelly
I’m thinking about you like Squirrels think about Nuts
I’m thinking about like John Lennon Imagines
Like Utah thinks about rushing the field, again, and again, and again
Like Zorro thinks about Moustaches and Women
Like Trees think about Rain
I’m thinking about you like white thinks about black
Like Touchdown Tony thinks about the Gamecocks
Like life thinks about death, like vultures think about death, like death thinks about death
I’m thinking about you like cars think about gas and mowers think about grass
Like Stoplights and mothers would have you stop and stay for a while
Like mother thinks about child
Like child thinks about his mom waiting at home
Like child wishes his mother would be waiting at home
Like elevators think about being awkward
And I think about punching myself
I’m thinking about you even though I don’t want to
I’m thinking about you even though I HATE IT

1 comment: